Friday, October 27, 2006

My Purpose in Life

My purpose in life is to complete the mission God has planned for me. The greatest part is sharing about Jesus, telling others what He has done for me, and how they can know Him personally. I have missed many, many opportunities out of fear – fear of being rejected, of others not liking me, of just plain confrontation. I would do anything to avoid confrontation. I don’t want to leave this life without being the person God wants me to be and doing what he has asked of me.

I want to stop living in fear, letting fear control my life. Hey, I’m always going to be afraid, but I don’t have to let it control me.

I asked God for forgiveness of my sins when I was 11 years old. I realized that I was a sinner, I did a lot of things that weren’t right, and I told God that I believed that His Son, Jesus, had died on the cross for my sins. Jesus was perfect. He didn’t deserve such pain and humiliation. He had tens of thousands of angels waiting to save Him from death on the cross, but He chose to die anyway.

After I prayed, I didn't have a huge overwhelming swell of emotion. I just felt like everything was ok, and that God had forgiven me. Because of what Jesus went through, I now have hope. I will never be alone. I can always tell God how I'm feeling even when I'm mad at Him for some reason. I know that my life has purpose, and that even though I have problems, God will always help me through them. I have hope that God will use me to help someone else with the same problems.

If you're reading this and have a personal relationship with God, please pray that I will have the courage to fulfill God's purpose for my life. If you don't have a personal relationship with God and want one, here's some Bible verses to tell you how:

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

The Bible says "...Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures..." 1 Corinthians 15:3b-4

Jesus said, "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:3
Jesus had prepared a place (Heaven/Eternity) for those who believe in Him.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I'm proud of you and the love for God you have. And I look forward to seeing how God uses your life in a great and mighty way.

Love you!