Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Easy Chicken and Potatoes


I made this last night. This is what it looked like before I cooked it. I love eating colorful foods!!

Original Recipe:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
4 medium potatoes -- peeled and cut into wedges or thick slices (4 to 6)

Place chicken in bottom of Crock Pot. Sprinkle with half of the Italian dressing, spices, and the grated cheese. Put the potatoes on top or around the chicken. Sprinkle with the rest of the dressing, spices, and cheese.

Cook on low for about 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is done and potatoes are tender.

*****I used a package of the Tyson boneless, skinless chicken tenders, 5-6 red potatoes, sliced, 1/2 bag of pre-prepared shredded carrots, about a cup of chopped celery, and shredded Mozzarella cheese instead of grated Parmesan. I ended up adding a little more Italian dressing and cheese since I had more items than the recipe called for. I also added dried red pepper as Stacy suggested. It ended up tasting somewhat like my mom's pot roast, which I love. Overall, I liked it and will make it again!

I stole this recipe from Stacy. She also has some great notes on how she bettered the recipe, so stop by her place, too.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I can vouch for this recipe; it was indeed delicious. :)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, I'm so glad you liked it! Although, to be fair, that looks so much better than what I make :) I wish I had red potatoes, but don't, so I'm making it this week with just russet potatoes. I'll have to remember to try mozzarella next time, I bet it was yummy with that!

Thanks for letting me know, and great picture!