Monday, February 12, 2007

Redneck and Single



Yes! Only in the South!!! Redneck and Single. This guy is probably loving the free plug here. I just happened to have my camera ready.

This truck actually led a 20-minute discussion between Beef and I. What is a redneck? A redneck in my mind is a Southerner, typically male, lives in the country and works hard on the farm. He also enjoys huntin', fishin', cow tippin', muddin', Nascar, monster truck races and/or tractor pulls, drinkin', smokin', honky tonkin', line dancin', and cussin'. He wears jeans, a large belt buckle, a shirt with the sleeves cut off, a cowboy hat, and boots, which he wears on all occassions. Even with a suit for church. He generally has to live the entire lifestyle not just like a few of the previously mentioned characteristics.

What's a redneck in your definition?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds about right! I can offer up my cousins as examples, but I think you hit the nail on the head! :-)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

OhMyGosh, is that really a website? I'm almost too scared to go look :)

You're pretty close on what my definition would be. I'd have to throw in chewing/spitting tobacco, and he knows how to skin fish and deer. And wait a minute, the rednecks you know wear a SUIT to church? The ones I know wear jeans, clean jeans, and a clean shirt! LOL!

Sonya said...

I agree with you and with Stacy. That pretty much covers what a "redneck" is. I have two nephews that are perfect examples! LOL! I would probably add that a redneck also can work on a car and may even have a couple of nonworking cars in their yard :-o) At least here in TN they do! LOL!