Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blog Talkers


What three main rules, standards, or morals do you live by?

I am not a perfect person, but I do try to live by the standards set forth by the Bible. One of the main commandments we are called to live by is to love God. He is our Creator, and He calls us to love Him because He first loved us.

Next, we are called to love others. Some people in our lives are easy to love. They are kind, giving, and encouraging to us. But the Bible teaches that we are not to just love those who are good to us but to love everyone, which may mean loving someone we consider to be unloving. Some examples are someone who talks about you behind your back, who has rejected you in the past, who doesn't agree with your way of life, or who doesn't believe in God or the teachings of the Bible. In order to love others, I must not be judgemental or critical, but I still have to stand up for what I believe in. That is not easy for me to do.

Thirdly, I believe that we have to live by hope. There have been times in my life where I didn't have hope. God has given me hope in the fact that every trial and hardship in my life is given to me for a reason. They are given to me to make me into the person that he wants me to be.

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4 NKJV

I often fail at all three of these standards. Hopefully, I will allow God to change me to be a better example for Him.

Share your thoughts at Blog Talkers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answer! Thanks for sharing this!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I agree, wonderful post and great answers. I struggle with a lot of this too... part of being human, I guess and realizing just how much we need God and His love and grace.