Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chocolate Beach


"Chocolate Beach" by Julie Carobini was a fantastic read. Stacy found Julie's blog during the Ultimate Blog Party and shared her book with me.

Synopsis: This Lit genre book is about Bri Stone and her beach-living life as a wife to the very handsome lawyer, Douglas, and mom to one surf-board riding teenage son. She is a part-time tour bus hostess and hangs out with her best gal pal, chocolate-loving extraordinaire, Gaby. The story entails how Bri believes that her husband has become bored with her laid back, beach-living lifestyle and how she embarks on a journey of self-change to win him back.

I loved her writing style, the way she always told you what Bri was thinking, even if it wasn't "good Christian-like." It was very true of any female's life. I feel like I could have lived the life of Bri Stone and made the decisions that she did in the story. The book was also very humorous and light-hearted.

I will be sending the book on to Lauren shortly. Then, I hope to begin the "Second Summer of the Sisterhood." Check out my other book reviews here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it! Julie's next book is coming out next year so we have a while to wait! BUMMER!!!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to it!

Sonya said...

Makes me want to read this book! I have the third and fourth books to the Sisterhood collection if you ever want them!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great review! I will have to look for this book sometime, it's getting good reviews :)

One day, maybe, I hope to get to the Sisterhood books. Those and the other 100+ on my list, hehehe!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I wanted to drop in and tell you I’ve got another photo tag going on, and this time two participants will win a prize package! Get real- Bloggers Without Makeup!


Steph
Adventures In Babywearing

Julie Carobini said...

Hey LoveMyStar~I'm a little late to this party, but wanted to say thanks so much for reviewing Chocolate Beach!

Btw, looks like your little Scamp has red hair--I've got two fiery redheads at home as well. Fun! (My third's a brunette, like me when I don't highlight :)