Sunday, July 29, 2007

Disco Fever

Did you miss me? Wow! This has been another hectic but fun week. I spent two evenings at a local county fair aiding my SILs in a couple of things. First, my friend Robin and I judged a couple of the little boy/little girl pageants going on. And although they were all so darling and cute, only 4 (out of 40 for the girls) could place. Now that was challenging. I'm not so sure how I feel about pageants anymore given that myself and two others held the responsibility of choosing the best. No one wants to think they aren't as good as anyone else. And of course you're going to have some upset parents, but thankfully no one approached us after the pageant carrying baseball bats.

Robin and I again participated in the Vintage Fashion Show hosted by Studio Six (my SILs). This is one rockin' show in which the models dress up in fashions from all different decades dating back to the 1920s to present day. We chose the seventies. Think Farrah Fawcett hair cuz that was my look. We literally danced our way across the stage disco-style to the song "Play That Funky Music." Robin choreographed the whole thing after we travelled back in time watching "Saturday Night Fever" with John Travolta. Now that's a man than can get his groove on. We included that famous "strut" of his during our dance. Robin just happened to find a 70s-style body suit. I'll be sharing that funky photo this coming Saturday with Photo Hunters. But, here's a photo of my hot look:) The shirt is borrowed, but those are my pants.


Robin also modeled another outfit for the 1920s era. This just happened to be someone's prom dress.

Robin's hubby videoed our segment of the fashion show. If there's anyway I can share that on my blog I will. We had such a good time!

post signature

5 comments:

Sonya said...

LOL! Love the pictures of you guys! Looks like so much fun! Love the funky shirt and your FF hair! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

You guys always have the best time!! Love your look :)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like more fun! Love those pictures and your Farrah hair looks great :)

Jill said...

Love your 70s outfit...and that hair...it's so Farrah!

Karen Hossink said...

Sounds like you had a blast!
I don't know about sharing the video on your blog, but what about YouTube, and then giving us the link in your blog??? I'd love to see it.