Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Window to the World


My latest read was "A Window to the World" by Susan Meissner. It's classified as a young adult Christian fiction novel and was a very quick read.

Synopsis: Megan Diamond is an unbearably shy 6 year old whose unable to come out of her shell until her new classmate, Jen Lovett, befriends her. The two become inseparable until one unforgettable tragic day.

Megan must learn how to cope on her own even though the details of the devastating event haunt her life. Along the way, Megan searches for who God really is to her and who he wants her to be.


I would recommend this book to teenagers. It's a clean coming-of-age story and has some great lessons on learning how to believe in the same God your parent's taught you about.

Up next is "The Visitation" by Frank Peretti, a new type of genre for me. I used to read thrillers back in high school, but lost my taste for the crude language and disturbing images detailed in those types of books since then. Peretti, a Christian fiction author, is one of my best girlfriends favorite authors. I've read one other book of his years ago called "This Present Darkness." I only remember tidbits of it though. It was recommended to me to read for a book report by one of my teachers and mentors in my public high school. Hopefully, I'll finish it up soon. I just discovered there's also a movie out. I'll have to see that, too. Has anyone else saw the movie or read the book "Hangman's Curse" by Peretti? I saw it when it first came out and enjoyed it pretty well.



post signature

2 comments:

Angi said...

Looks like it would be mainly a girl book. Would you suggest for boy teens?

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like a good book for my almost-teenage niece, thanks for the review and recommendation. Can't wait to hear what you think of Peretti. I have both him and Ted Dekker on my "new authors to try" list, but haven't read either yet. I've been mostly dabbling in cozy mysteries lately, very light and very easy to read, without the language, violence or gory details. :)

Have a great day!