Monday, January 21, 2008

More Book Reviews


"Freefall" by Kristen Heitzmann is yet another Christian book I've recently finished. I've been busy with Teen Lit Review, so I haven't been able to write reviews for the other books I've been reading.

Synopsis: "When a young woman stumbles out of the Hanalei Mountains on the island of Kauai with no memory of who she is or how she got there, Cameron Pierce reluctantly agrees to investigate the mysterious circumstances surrounding her arrival. Now known as Jade, the woman begins to recall fragments of what led her to this place, and she realizes the danger isn't over."

The book was full of adventure as well as romance. I loved the culture of Hawaii where the book takes place. Sometimes, you come across books where you immediately fall in love with the characters then miss them once the book is over. This is so true for "Freefall." I loved it so much, I went out and bought another book by Kristen Heitzmann, "A Rush of Wings." Hopefully, it will be as good as "Freefall."



This next book I would have not have picked out myself. I'm not a huge chic lit fan. I like more adventure, but a friend loaned "Heavens to Betsy" and the sequel "Earth to Betsy" by Beth Pattillo to me.

Synopsis: "Life would be perfect for Reverend Betsy Blessing if it weren't for parishioners who keel over during her sermons, steal money from the collection box, and set her up with ex-cons. Not to mention the very inconvenient feelings she is suddenly having for her long-time friend, fellow seminarian, and verbal sparring partner, David Swenson. It isn’t until Betsy is thrust into the position of senior minister for her church, however, that she discovers the real cause of her discontent: her fear of failing has become stronger than her faith in herself."

The author is s female pastor from Nashville who sets these books in the same place. It's so neat to read about places you've been to. The book was hilarious. Betsy is so real and down-to-earth, but yet she's so sassy and witty. I loved her. The romance even reminded me of mine and Beef's beginnings. Let's reminisce for those of you who read Our Love Story and remember me being the third wheel on a date with the man I loved and his girlfriend. If my labels where working correctly I'd leave a link to Our Love Story, but oh well. I would highly recommend both books in the series even though I haven't finished the sequel yet.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

They all sound good. I'll have to check them out!

Angi said...

I don't know where you find the time to read as much as you do! I'm in awe!

Anonymous said...

If you love Christian fiction and feel a concern for children, may I suggest a title to you? "Outcasts of Skagaray" is a Christian novel written out of a concern for the unwanted and unappreciated children of the world. It is also a fast-paced adventure story showing Christian truths. For more details see www.threeswans.com.au. You might really like it!