Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hubbie's New Hobby


Beef has picked up a new hobby over the holidays. His brother gave him an RC (as in radio-controlled) airplane, and he's been out flying several days a week since then. The one he's holding is actually his brother's newest plane, but Beef has already bought himself a new one as well.

Beef toys with the planes most evenings and his newest endeavor is attaching a camera to the inside of the plane so we can watch the actual flight from the pilot position. Scamp and I went out today with him to monitor the video equipment as he took the plane out for a test flight. The temperature outside was in the 30s, so Beef set the mini-monitor up on the dashboard of the car. Scamp and I were able to view the flight in warmth. Even with the windy conditions, Beef kept the plane soaring, but the video camera wouldn't send a clear signal to the monitor. He thinks with a few alterations, we'll be able to witness the on board flight before long. Hopefully, the weather will warm up, so we can watch without freezing our tukoses off!

4 comments:

Sonya said...

You've got to be kidding me! Seriously, our hubbies have to be long lost brothers. This is one of Jeff's hobbies as well! First it's online role playing games and now RC planes! What's next! LOL! I'm telling you, they were separated at birth!

Connie Barris said...

my dad and I use to fly these planes together....

I will really miss my dad...

I have meant to get by your place much sooner but well, with all that has happened I haven't been online much...

I have visited your place and love it...

Blessings to you
Connie

Unknown said...

Pretty cool! My husband would like more specifics on the plane if that would be at all possible. Would Matt have a recommendations for a beginning enthusiast? Thanks!

Scamp is adorable btw!

gail@more than a song said...

Boys and their toys! And they never outgrow it either.