Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Name That Movie: Updated

I stole this from Stacy. Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess (if you know them all, please don’t guess every one).
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating, and that’s no fun!

Here's the quotes:

1. "And those are the words of a gentleman? From the moment I met you your aroggance and conceit and your selfish disdain for the feelings of other made me realize that you are the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry." Pride and Prejudice: Lauren and Sonya

2. "Whenever I'm in a room with a guy, no matter who it is - a date my dentist, anybody - I think, "If we were the last two people on Earth, would I puke if he kissed me?" Girls Just Want to Have Fun (80s movie)

3. "Eminem's on the phone; he wants an answer now."
"Umm... plain. Umm... peanut." 13 Going on 30

4. "It came to me, my own, my love... my... preciousssss." Lord the the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring: Gail and Donetta

5. "Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning." The Fast and the Furious

6. " I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic." Christmas Vacation (Chevy Chase)

7. "No! I'm going to limit myself to doing everything girls do wrong in relationships. Basically, everything we know guys hate. I'll be clingy, needy..." How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: Lauren and Sonya

8. "Elves aren't that short you know. That's just a stupid myth created by that "Elves and the Shoemaker" story. Do I look small enough to fit in a shoe? Stinkin' Grimm Brothers!" Ella Enchanted

9. "There's a diffrence between a failure and a fiasco. A failure is merely the absence of success. Any fool can achieve failure. But a fiasco, a fiasco is a disaster of epic propotions. A fiasco is a folk tale told to other's to make other people feel more alive because it didn't happen to them." Elizabethtown

10. "All you need is for one person to think you're cool, and you're in. Everyone else will be scared to question it. " Never Been Kissed

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think #1 is Pride and Prejudice. #7 is How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

FUN!

Tamara said...

I think #5 is Cars?

gail@more than a song said...

I think #4 is Lord of the Rings.

and I would have guessed Pride & Prejudice for #1 but I see Lauren has!

Donetta said...

#4 is Lord of the Rings

Sonya said...

#1 is Pride & Prejudice (my favorite!), #4 LOTR, #7 How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days, #8 Elf, and that's all I can name.

Jill said...

The only one I know is #7 - which obviously has already been guessed. This was fun!

Donetta said...

Thank you for the invitation. I just have been overwhelmed with chores and tasks. My kids are home this week too, so computer time is low.

Miss Notesy said...

What a fun post!!! I haven't watched all the movies, but I knew a couple of the quotes.