Thursday, November 30, 2006

Why does it seem like miles away?

 

We moved Scamp's bed upstairs to her bedroom. She was sleeping in our room downstairs. Even though we could no longer watch TV in the bed at night or even turn my side table lamp on to see, we loved her sleeping close to us. She would wake up in the morning and talk to us to wake us up. We figured we should go ahead and move her so that it would be easier on her. She's right at 14 months old. Now, we have to climb the steps to peek in on her while she sleeps. Why does it seem so far away? She's getting bigger. She will continue to need more independence, and Matt and I will have to learn to adjust along the way. I could never imagine the emotional toll parenthood would have and how much my heart would break as Scamp grows away from us. And she's only moved to her bedroom!!! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! She has to STOP growing. I haven't been there to meet her yet and this is not FAIR!!!! I can't believe she is big enough for that yet.