I stole this meme from Karen at Surviving Motherhood, who was tagged by the original creator of the meme, Claire at One Passion...One Devotion. Those participating are supposed to share the five things they want their kids to know before they “grow up” and then leave a link to their meme in the comment section of Claire’s original post.
1. Mama's not perfect. That's why she has to rely on God. I hope to teach Scamp that we all need a Savior and are all in need of forgiveness.
2. God's not a big, mean tyrant who stomps on you while you're down. I believed this lie for years. And God is still transforming my mind to not believe that I have to earn my way to Him. He loves unconditionally. He always forgives me, and He doesn't look at me any differently when I've messed up. Oh, that hits so close to home.
3. Your own worth is not tied into how others see you. You don't have to be a people pleaser. It's ok to say no, and it's ok if others say they don't like you because what's most important is how God sees you. When you're saved, Jesus' righteousness is bestowed to you. God cannot see you any other way than how He sees His perfect Son. We will never be perfect, but that's God's FREE gift -- righteousness.
4. I will always love you. I'm not God. I do get frustrated. I make mistakes. But, I do love you.
5. You will reap what you sow. The Bible is telling the truth. Sin has consequences that we have to bear. If you choose to live in darkness, then your life will be dark. If you live in the truth, in God's light, you will see the blessings.
I don't tag very often, but I'm going to this time:
Sonya at Mo Mhile Gra
Vail at Thoughts of a Wannabe
Momma at Momma's Mindsweep
Lauren at Baseballs and Bows
Annie at My Life As Annie
Elizabeth at the Hazlett Family
Let me know if you can participate.